Voucher Examiner: November 6 - 23, 2012
Open to: All interested applicants / All sources
Position: Voucher Examiner, FSN-7; FP-7
Opening date: Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Closing date: Friday, November 23, 2012
Work hours : Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary: *Ordinarily Resident (OR): R$ 44.316,00 p.a.
(Starting salary) (Position Grade: FSN-7)
*Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$ 39,994.00 p.a.
(Starting salary) (Position Grade: FP-7)
All ordinarily resident (OR) applicants (See appendix A) must have the required work and/or residency permits (Attached to the application) to be eligible for consideration.
The U.S. Embassy in Brasilia is seeking an individual for the position of Voucher Examiner in the Financial Management Center.
Basic Function of Position
Incumbent is a member of the Department of State Voucher Team. Primary responsibility is to process travel vouchers, travel advances, international purchase orders, representational vouchers, and to work with the Prime Pay account.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact 61-3312-7227 or 3312-7040.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Education: A minimum of 2 years of college or university studies in accounting, mathematics, economics or any discipline related to the liberal arts or social sciences required.
Experience: Experience in one or more aspects of financial management required including one year experience in managed accounts required.
Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) in speaking/reading English and Level II (Limited Knowledge) in speaking/reading Portuguese is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Of management accounts structure, methods, and concepts of serviced agencies;
- Of the basics on relevant local laws as they may impact on contracts, leasing, and other financial instruments produced by the Mission under incumbent’s administrative responsibilities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Typing Level I (15-29wpm);
- To work with computer software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet and similar applications;
- To work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- To meet deadlines, plan ad organize work and assignments with minimal supervision;
- To pay attention to details,
- To read and understand financial documents and related instruments.
Testing may be conducted to determine qualifications.
When fully qualified, U. S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional selection criteria
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, continuity and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply. Please submit your most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR).
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae In English that provides the same informationfound on the UAE (see Appendix B). We will not/not accept any applications that are not submitted in English; or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit application to
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with vacancy title Voucher Examiner
Point of contact
Closing date for this position: Friday, November 23, 2012
The US Mission in Brazil provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.