U.S. Citizen Services
Contact Information, Working Hours, Appointments
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the Embassy in Brasília and at the Consulates in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Recife offer a full range of services to U.S. Citizens residing or traveling in Brazil. Each Unit has consular jurisdiction over an area in Brazil. The Embassy and Consulates also maintain U.S. Consular Agencies in some of the other states that can provide assistance to U.S. Citizens.
Please click on the State you are in for the closest ACS Unit or consular agency in Brazil where you may request your service:
- U.S. Embassy in Brasília: Acre, Amapá, Amazonas, Distrito Federal, Goiás, Mato Grosso, Pará, Rondônia, Roraima and Tocantins
- U.S. Consulate Recife: Alagoas, Ceará, Maranhão, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Piauí, Rio Grande do Norte and Sergipe
- U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro: Bahia, Espírito Santo, Minas Gerais and Rio de Janeiro
- U.S. Consulate General in São Paulo: Mato Grosso do Sul, Paraná, Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina and São Paulo
- U.S. Consular Agency in Belém (PA): NOW CLOSED. Please visit the U.S. Embassy in Brasilia or the U.S. Consular Agency in Manaus.
- U.S. Consular Agency in Manaus (AM): Acre, Amazonas, Rondônia and Roraima
- U.S. Consular Agency in Salvador (BA): Bahia
- U.S. Consular Agency in Fortaleza (CE): Ceará
- U.S. Consular Agency in Porto Alegre (RS): Rio Grande do Sul
New Consular Entrance in Brasilia
Please note that the consular section entrance at the U.S. Embassy in Brasilia is located at the northwest corner of Lote 03, Quadra 801, SES, Brasilia. This entrance is designed entirely for providing comfortable, efficient and convenient services for Brazilian visa applicants who require interviews at the Embassy and U.S. citizens who require Consular services.
Please see the map available here on how to arrive for your Consular service appointment.