U.S. Citizen Services
Welcome to the U.S. Citizens information section of the U.S. Mission in Brazil. The American Citizen Services (ACS) unit at the U.S. Embassy in Brasilia, at the U.S. consulates in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Recife and the Consular Agencies in Brazil provides a wide range of services to U.S. Citizens resident or traveling in Brazil.
Important! U.S. citizen services must be scheduled online. Select one of the following links for instructions on how to schedule your appointment in:
Important! U.S. citizen services for consular agencies must be scheduled through phone or email. Select one of the following links for instructions on how to schedule your appointment in:
Please check the Contact Information and Working Hours page to find out the appropriate e-mail and street address, and working hours of each American citizen Services Unit in Brazil.
What U.S. Citizen Services Cannot Do:
- Provide you or your family with physical protection;
- Arrange release from U.S. military service obligations;
- Pay your debts or fines, sort out property disputes or interfere in judicial proceedings;
- Find you employment, residence, or schools;
- Search for missing luggage;
- Settle disputes with hotel managers and landlords;
- or Discuss visa cases.