Order of Documents for the Interview - fiancee
Important Notice for Fiancée K1 Visa Applicants:
On the day of your fiancée visa (K1/K2) interview please provide the list of documents below completely and all the forms listed carefully filled out. Please provide original or notarized copies of the documents listed below.
Please note: Applicants must bring all original documents to the interview, even where those documents were already sent to USCIS with the petition. There are no exceptions.
- Two frontal photograph showing both ears (5 X 5cm or 5 X 7cm);
- Valid passport (at least eight months validity remaining);
- Visa fee that should be paid at the Consulate's cashier on the day of the visa interview;
- Form DS-160 filled online. Please print and bring only the barcode confirmation page;
- Application for Immigrant Visa‐form DS 230‐I (only first page should be completed and signed);
- Sworn statement (for fiancées only);
- Birth Certificate (even if previously married);
- Termination of previous marriages (if applicable) with a simple copy;
- Police Certificate(s) - In Brazil you need two: from the Federal Police and the State Police (Secretaria de Segurança Pública) with a simple copy;
- Financial Support - E.g.: Affidavit of Support (I‐134 Form) including supporting documents. (see form instructions for attachments);
- Sealed envelope of Medical Examination Report;
- Complete Court Records, judicial situation, including processes in Brazil and in the U.S. (if applicable) with a simple copy;
- USCIS/DHS processes/records (e.g. deportation proceedings, voluntarily removal, change of visa category processes, petitions or hearings before immigration judges, asylum papers, etc.) with a simple copy.