Forms for Fiance(e) Visas (K1/K2 categories)
Instructions and Documents for Fiancé(e) Visas (K1 category)
Since MAY 29th, 2015, various changes to K visa services were implemented as follows:
Appointment for K Visa Interview:
K visa applicants who have been notified by e-mail by the U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro must register with the Applicant Service Center (ASC) at:https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-br/iv and schedule the visa appointment. ASC representatives can provide information on K visas appointment-related only. Please check ASC contacts here.
When scheduling or re-scheduling your K visa interview, please pay special attention to the I-129F petition validity. Make sure you schedule within the petition validity otherwise you will not be interviewed by the Consular officer at the U.S. Consulate General in Rio. The Petition validity is available in the I-797 Notice of Approval form sent by the USCIS to the American petitioner.
K visa applicants are required to present all the documents, listed in the instructions below, at the visa interview at the U.S. Consulate General Rio de Janeiro to insure that the process will be analyzed by the Consular Officer. Any missing document may delay the issuance of the K visa for several weeks. The Consulate is located at the following address: Av. Presidente Wilson 147 – Centro.
- Instructions for Fiancée Applicants (PDF)
- Medical Examination
- General Information for Fiancées of U.S. Citizens
- DS-160 (filled online). Print and bring only the barcode confirmation page).
- DS 230 (PDF 996KB) (Fill out just part I
- Sworn Statement (PDF 25KB)
- Poverty Guidelines
- Photo Requirements
- Request for Police Certificate (State Public Security Secretariat) (PDF 15KB)
- Request for Police Certificate (Residents and former residents of the State of RJ) (PDF 40KB)
- List of Public Security Secretariats
- Request for Police Certificate (Federal Police) (PDF 86KB)
- List of Federal Police Offices (Federal Police)
Important! Order of documents for the interview
Procedures after the K Visa Interview:
- K applicants who were refused 221(g) under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), must drop the required pending documents, along with the refusal sheet, at any ASC branch. ACS will send the documents to the Consulate. If they wish, they may submit the pending documents to the ASC in Rio de Janeiro by mail. No documents should be dropped or mailed directly to the U.S. Consulate General in Rio de Janeiro.
• K applicants who have their visas issued will have their passports with visas delivered via ASC to the applicant's designated address at no additional cost. Applicants also have the option to pick up the visa at the nearest ASC branch. ASC representatives can provide information on any K visa delivery-related inquiries only. Please check ASC contacts here.